November 23, 2011

Practice. Practice. Practice. BOOM John Lloyd

I really think I can improve my sports capabilities, be more athletic and stuff. I bet I could improve my frisbee throws and catches, my basketball shooting skills, softball batting skills, and in general running speed. I'd like to be able to catch all of the throws they throw to me and be able to make the frisbee go to who I want it to go to. I'd like to be able to sink all my 2 and 3 point shots, especially free throws. I'd like to be able to hit every softball, too high, too low, doesn't matter, just everyone of them that comes my way and send it far enough for my team to get two bases, atleast. I'd like to run faster too, because it's really important for a lot of sports, I'd like to be able to keep running like that for a longer while too.

But it's incredibly hard to practice, especially when there are people who are so much better than you present during practices. It feels so embarrassing not being able to catch, to throw, to shoot, to bat every single thing that comes your way. It sucks... it's this mentality that stops some people from ever moving up. Maybe people like me? I'd like to get better, I wouldn't mind working hard to get better, I just don't like the eyes watching. I just don't think people can see me as someone who can shoot or throw or bat. It's disheartening, but there's no other way. Plus practice with other people will bring in criticism, hopefully constructive, so that what you're doing wrong can be corrected immediately, because apparently, practice makes permanent.

How do I practice this?

Maybe start practicing alone, then when I get a bit average I practice with others. Yeah maybe that's a good solution. I'll try it, somehow.

Walk. Run. Fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment