April 23, 2013

I'm impressed.

Separation is the way to go. It's more than time, it's more than how far away. It's how long you've been away, no matter how near. It sucks... would be what I should be saying but I honestly don't feel that way. As easy as it was for me to fall in love with you, it was just as easy for me to forget that I have been in love with you. Not to say I've forgotten I was in love with you, but somewhere along the way, I did forget I was in love with you. But I do remember I had been in love with you. But only just now.

Looking back, I never did anything to make you feel that I was in love with you, and maybe I should be sorry. But I'm not, because you never looked at me that way anyway. Because I never made a move. So you never would have considered me that way. So I should be sorry? Er... I'm confused.

At night, or sometimes during the wee hours of the morning, I lay on my bed and try to think of something that would help me fall asleep. Why is it, that there is only one face that ends up on my mind, one face that ends up on my mind before sleep takes me.

And then I think it must be true.

I wake up the next morning, or early afternoon, and I go about my own business. I eat, I shower, I play games, not once thinking about the last face on my mind the night before.

So now I think it couldn't be true.

Is it that I was truly in love with you, or am I in love with the thought of being in love with you, or maybe the thought of just being in love in general?

Perhaps those were all true at one point in time... but I guess what matters right now, is what I feel right now.

Am I in love? Am I?

[Note: being in love is different from being IN love. Being infatuated vs being within love, is not the question here. To be within love, it must be mutual, whether due to infatuation or choice, being mutual means being IN love. That is not the case here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment