February 08, 2011

It doesn't fit that way.

Round hole, square peg? Try as you might, it just won't work out. It's true for puzzles, for Biology, it's true for friends too. I'm actually writing this not from a recent experience.

I stopped trying ages ago, it just can't work out. I know it can't because we're just too different. It's not the difference I can't live with, it's what's not the same. You and I can never be any closer than we are now. I hope that maybe, in the near future, I'll change (or you'll change) and we can be better friends.

But then again, round peg in a square hole DOES fit. It may seem hard but it is possible. When I was a kid I proved it right. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough. Maybe we are different but I won't accept that difference. As in the previous paragraph, I hope I can change and we can be better friends.

I'm not naming any particular persons, I have not just one in mind though. I hope that when you read this, you don't think it's you. I hope that when you do find out, you don't feel bad and start treating me differently. If I can't seem to be better friends with you, at least let's remain average friends which is better than not being friends at all. At least, you know you'll have me and I hope that I can say you have my back too.

No comments:

Post a Comment